Thursday, January 27, 2022

Today is a black day for FNPO cadres,-V.V.Rathneswararao(VVR) garu Ex GS NUGDS and CS NAPE-C AP Circle is passed away on 26.1.22

 Today is a black day for FNPO cadres,


 I am shocked to hear the news in what’s app from Sivaji, GS NAPEc that our beloved leader VV Ratneswar Rao, lovingly called VVR breathed his last yesterday (26.01.2022).  Being FNPO man, I will be doing great disservice, if I don’t record VVR’s yeoman service rendered to this great FNPO Organization. I just recollect the memory the day I first saw our beloved VVR at the residence of our founder K.R in the year 1990 (32 years before).
 

When KR relinquished the post of SG, GS of NAPEc & NUGDS. Our beloved KR proposed V. RATNESWAR RAO as GS NUGDS.  I want to know why KR want to propose VVR as GS NUGDS.!  Thereafter, I started collecting VVR’s credentials through various sources. In 1960 strike when KR was jailed in Tihar, at that time VVR who was Divisional Secretary in ELURU (A.P) was removed from service for participating in the strike. K.R fought and got the re-instatement of VVR, from the day onwards VVR became the blind devoted follower of K.R, like me.
 

When K.R was sent out of NFPTE during the Vijayawada Conference, out a few hundred followed him VVR was one of them, from AP Circle. It is a known fact K.R was architecture of the NFPTE.  He framed one class in the agreement at the time of re-alignment of Unions. At that juncture no one can form a new Union in P & T.  K.R. formed a Progressive Democratic Front (PDF) and VVR was one of the coordinators for PDF.  During that time KR was unable to publish circular, thereafter after selling KR’s personal bicycle published Circular.  Subsequently KR was unable to publish circular. When VVR visited K. R’s residence Teynampet Postal Quarters, knowing the plight, VVR arranged finance from his brother and helped KR to release the circular.
 

K.R struggled to get a telephone connection (it took ten years for him to get a telephone connection), VVR collected and helped K.R of Rs.1000/- for the deposit amount, at that time one thousand rupees is a big amount.
 

After K.R’s retirement as SG FNPO, FNPO leaders planned to conduct a grand felicitation at Andhra Pradesh Circle and decided to give one lakh purse to K.R.  VVR was assigned the job of Secretary felicitation committee. Due to sudden heart ailment K.R was admitted in Vijaya Hospital.  Therefore the function held at Chennai T.Nagar, according to the conveniency of K.R. Our Beloved Ratneswar Rao, brought even cooks from AP Circle, conducted the felicitation to K.R. in a grand manner.  VVR helped me during my tenure as SG FNPO in year of 2010, to conduct 16 workshops across the country, through UNI APRO, brother Christopher & JSR. When I visited Hyderabad to inaugurate Defence assistant seminar in 2004 at Hyderabad, I lost my luggage, in auto at Hyderabad. He immediately directed Sankar Goud to purchase new clothes for me. I cannot forget the help lifetime.
 

Down the memory lane, I remember so many hundreds of instances, a marathon list…in honor of our Beloved VVR.  Of course, I had difference in some area, he does not like me. But I would be failing in my duty if I do not record his highest contribution to this great organization FNPO. VVR, A TIRELESS MAN, NOW TAKEN REST. ONE OF THE DECIPLE OF KR IS NO MORE.
 

Being the FNPO cadre, let us all pray the Almighty, for the great VVR’s soul dwell in the kingdom of God.  OM SHANTHI.  Remembering the days journey together – recalling his services lifetime –
 

 D. THEAGARAJAN Ex.SGFNPO.